University of Victoria, Victoria.
Session JEP orale O1 Diversité des langues Lundi 9 Juin - 13h30 15h30
Réalisations phonétiques des suites /tr/ en arabe marocain : données par EMA et par endoscopie
- Chakir Zeroual ( Faculté Pluridisciplinaire de Taza & Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie, Paris. 3)
- Phil Hoole ( Institut de Phonétique de Munich.)
- John.-H. Esling ( University of Victoria, Victoria.)
- Lise Crevier-Buchman ( Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou & Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie, Paris. 3)
- Résumé : This study confirmed that the variations of the duration of the VOT between three voiceless coronal consonants in Moroccan Arabic (/ts/, /T/, [t]) are controlled by supralaryngeal and laryngeal adjustments. The EMA analysis showed that affricated /ts/ had a laminal contact and an important jaw elevation during its release. On the other hand, the emphatic /T/ and the non-affricated [t] in [tr] are apical consonants produced with a lower jaw position during the release. Several arguments have been presented to show that the supralaryngeal differences between /ts/ and [t] result from coarticulation with /r/. Endoscopic analysis showed a more important opening of the glottis during /ts/ compared to its allophone [t] produced before /r/.