Université de Mons-Hainaut
Session JEP orale O6 Production et perception Vendredi 13 Juin - 10h30 12h30
Modelage perceptuel du contrôle de la matière phonique en L2 : Variabilité interindividuelle
- Véronique Delvaux ( Université de Mons-Hainaut)
- Kathy Huet ( Université de Mons-Hainaut)
- Myriam Piccaluga ( Université de Mons-Hainaut)
- Bernard Harmegnies ( Université de Mons-Hainaut)
- Résumé : This paper reports on an exploratory study of the processes involved in the acquisition of new phonetic control regimes in L2 learning. The focus here is on the acquisition of long VOT initial stops by French-L1 English-L2 beginners. Francophone speakers were asked to repeat /ta/ stimuli varying in VOT duration and burst intensity. Three experiments were carried out in order to compare the objective properties of these speech productions, as well as their subjective properties as indexed by typicality and similarity judgements from French and American English listeners.